i have also some add-ons for the howto:

i have mailed them to michael, but i got no answer :-(

again my points:

1)
at 4.4 Copy the current OS to the new raid device

you should add a hint for creating a empty boot and proc
directory, my rh6.1 box hangs after the first reboot
with the floppy, "unable to mount proc"
2)
in the new /mnt/xxxxx/etc/fstab should be all mounts
(except / and /boot) be marked with a #, i wait
for the fsck of my 15gig disc 20 min :-((
when everything works, the marks can be removed and
the system is in the original state
3)
before permanently switching to the raid as root device,
the /mnt/xxxxx/etc/lilo.conf should be altered to the
root=/dev/mdx option, and for the permanently switching
only the command:
/sbin/lilo -C /mnt/xxxxx/etc/lilo.conf
is need
4)
write a info, that the mainstream kernel has a option
for raid, but this option is not the required one
as big as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
with the link to redhat-patch
5)
write a info about the partition id's, i missed what the
required option is (before i know, that it is not relevant,
of course), after all it should be set to "fd"

mfg mrq1
--
linux 2.2.16 on a dual pentium iii 500  512mb
Total of 2 processors activated (1992.29 BogoMIPS).