Right here the kernel is trying to load a module to support RAID1.  Since
the root FS is on RAID1, it can't find the module.  You'll either need an
initrd, or to compile RAID support into the kernel.
Check out http://www.LinuxDoc.org/HOWTO/Boot+Root+Raid+LILO.html or get a
copy from your local mirror.

> do_md_run()returned -22
> unbind <hdc1,1>
> export redv(hdc1)
> unbind <hda1,0>
> export_rdev(hda1)
> md stop
> ...autorun done
> Bad md_map in ll_rw_block
> EXT2fs unable to read superblock
> Bad md_map in ll_rw_block
> isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=09:02, iso_blknu=16, block=32
> kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 09:02
>
> Another problem...perhaps not really matching but perhaps
> anyone can help
> me:
>
> RAID1 Sytem on a 2.2.14 Kernel. The Raid Array was created during the
> installation by the RH distribution. There are 2 IDE Disks in
> the Array (hda
> and hdc).
>
> xxx kernel: hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekCompleteError}
> xxx kernel: hda: dam_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCRC}
> ...a few times this error message, then:
> xxx kernel: hda: DMA disabled
> xxx kernel: ide0: reset: success
>
> OK........the kernel detected problems with the DMA mode (which could
> probably cause data faults, etc.) and so disabled it. The
> disks are both
> Maxtor92041U4s and the chipset is a Intel 440BX, so there should be no
> problem with the DMA mode. The IDE cables are also not very
> long (which
> length do you recommend?). The only thing the hda differs
> from the hdc is,
> that it is in a removable frame. Could that cause the
> problems?  Or any
> other hdparm settings.

Depends on what kind of a chassis it is.  If it's an older chassis (as in
made before UDMA/XX was in wide use), then it may not handle the tolerances
for your drive/IDE controller.  I don't use IDE drives, so I can't recommend
any particular chassis, sorry.
        Greg