On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Gheorghe Ardelean
<ardel...@ww.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
> I must say first that I am new to Infiniband so maybe I am just making some
> stupid mistakes. I have installed OFED-1.5-rc1 on OpenSUSE 11.1 (we need
> gcc4.3). The installer expects libstdc++4.2 but it is libstdc++4.3
> on the system, so after changing this in the installer everything goes smooth.
> All the pakages are build and no errors displayed.
>
> After reboot I see that some modules could not be loaded, namely:
>
> ib_ipath: disagrees about version of symbol ib_umem_release
> ib_ipath: Unknown symbol ib_umem_release
> [ ... ]

A long-standing problem of the OFED installer is that it does not
uninstall the distro-provided InfiniBand kernel modules on every Linux
distro. The above issue should be fixed by running the following
commands:

rm -rf /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/infiniband
rm -rf /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/mlx4
reboot

Bart.