Eli Cohen wrote:
The patch does not address these failures directly but maybe as a side effect they would go away too.
The patch seems to solve a case of possible "live lock" happening in a node which has both CM and datagram neighbors e.g where ipoib have called netif_stop etc but there is now room in the QP for more postings which could turn into letting the network layer continue to post if the CQ would have been polled. Its hard to see how this relates to the post send error print

I think printing the return value is in place so in the future we will have
more information in such cases.
I posted a patch that does this, but I think it missed the 2.6.34 merge cycle.

Or.