On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Pradeep Satyanarayana
<prade...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Bart Van Assche wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Pradeep Satyanarayana
>> <prade...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>> I realize that the following patch:
>>>
>>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/97243/
>>>
>>> is queued in your backlog of patches and unlikely that it will go into
>>> 2.6.35.
>>> What are the chances that it will make it into 2.6.36? This patch has fixed
>>> a rarely seen crash and we would like it to go upstream ASAP.
>>
>> The following comment was made on that patch by Ralph Campbell (see
>> also http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org/msg03125.html):
>>
>> "Quite right. I should also use list_for_each_entry_safe(). I will fix this."
>>
>> This makes me wonder whether version three of this patch can go in
>> unmodified ?
>
> There was a version 4 that followed. That was what I was referring to.

Thanks for the info -- I had missed version four of that patch. Now
that I had a look at it, why does the comment above
ipoib_cm_flush_path() say that it removes all entries while the loop
inside that function is stopped after the first entry has been found
and removed ? Why does that function use list_for_each_entry_safe()
while only a single entry is removed ?

Bart.