On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:55 PM, David Dillow <d...@thedillows.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 20:33 +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> > Implements SRP_CRED_REQ, which is an information unit defined in the SRP
> > (draft) standard and that allows an SRP target to inform an SRP initiator
> > that
> > more requests may be sent by the initiator. Adds declarations for the
> > SRP_CRED_REQ and SRP_CRED_RSP information units to include/scsi/srp.h.
>
> I don't seem to be communicating my comments very clearly, so let me try
> the language of code. Here's a proposed alternative version. Compile
> tested only, based on your patch 1/3 v4, with the __srp_get_tx_iu()
> changes partially reverted. It would need to be rebased once you send a
> revised 1/3 and would need testing.

It's not that your communication is not clear but that I'm not sure
whether it's a good idea to ignore the sense data included in an
SRP_AER_REQ message. Supporting SRP_AER_REQ properly does not only
mean processing the credit data included in that message but also
processing the sense data included in that message.

Bart.