On 05/17/2011 02:55 PM, i...@celticblues.com wrote:
> Has this issue been confirmed or debunked?

AFAIK, this style of initialization is not supported by C++.

        struct addrinfo hints = {
                .ai_family   = AF_UNSPEC,
                .ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM
        };

If you want to use a c++ compiler, you'll have to change the code. Something
like
  struct addrinfo hints = { 0 };
  hints.ai_family   = AF_UNSPEC;
  hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM;