On 5/19/2012 3:40 AM, Roland Dreier wrote:
+#define CX3_PPF_DEV_ID 0x1003
+static int vl_cap_start(struct mlx4_dev *dev)
+{
+       /* for non CX3 devices, start with 4 VLs to avoid errors in syslog */
+       if (dev->pdev->device != CX3_PPF_DEV_ID)
+               return 4;
+       return 8;
+}

This really doesn't look maintainable as different devices with different
limits come along.

Yep, I considered this patch to be a bit of ugly, but decided to send it since the potential damage without something done here e.g wrong support calls as of false negatives prints seemed to justify that.. BTW I noticed
that today there IS some CX3 special code in mlx4_core/main.c

282- /* Sense port always allowed on supported devices for ConnectX1 and 2 */
283:    if (dev->pdev->device != 0x1003)
284-            dev->caps.flags |= MLX4_DEV_CAP_FLAG_SENSE_SUPPORT;

anyway,

How ugly is it to pass some sort of "no warn" flag down into the command to
suppress the messages?

We will check the feasibility of doing so.

Or.