Hi List,

I am running some test cases to assess operation concurrency with Infiniband, 
meaning how many actual outstanding operations my HCA (ConnectX-3 QDR) can 
handle.

In my test case to evaluate fetch-and-add, I spawn multiple threads, each 
owning its own QP inside the same PD and context and sending fetch-and-add 
requests without any inner contention (no lock, etc.). I quickly reach a 
ceiling of about 900KOPS with 5/6 threads, and I have a hard time figuring out 
why.

In addition, the latency linearly increases with the # of threads after 4 
threads, which leads me to believe that the actual number of concurrent 
operation of my setup is 4, which seems a little low.

So, questions :) : 

- I played with the # of local and remote resources for atomic operations in my 
QPs, without success. Is there any knob to tune on the QP/EEC side?
- I am using a single remote MR: can this be a blocking factor (eg. if the 
remote fencing is done at the MR granularity)?

Im a more general sense, is there any good information source summarizing such 
concurrency performance for IB HCAs ?

Thanks for your help,
Xavier--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to