> Do you have something more specific re how to actually align (say) the
> RSS QP group into the framework used by XRC?

Not really.  That was more of a conceptual statement regarding the design.  The 
operation, particularly on the receive side, just seems similar.

I don't think we should force a fit if it doesn't, but what's missing from the 
XRC framework to support RSS?

I guess more specifically, if I look at the changes to ib_verbs.h, can we avoid 
the changes to ib_qp_init_attr and ib_qp?  I.e. why can't the qp_type indicate 
the type of group, or why couldn't ib_open_qp() be used?  Should the associated 
QPs share some sort of common protection domain, like an XRCD, to provide some 
security on sharing the underlying QP across processes?
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to