On 06/27/2012 04:54 PM, Hefty, Sean wrote:
I attempted to use rsockets with ConnectX-EN adapters and the client
receives a "Connection refused" message. I debugged this a bit further
and see that the client is actually receiving an IB_CM_REJ_RECEIVED with
reason being 28 i.e. "Consumer Reject". Could this be because of the
difference in how GIDs are obtained in the case of RoCE? Have you
attempted rsockets on RoCE at all?
I have not tested this on RoCE.  Do other librdmacm examples (e.g. ucmatose or 
rdma_client/server) work in your configuration?

I have attempted running the utilities in the rsocket/examples/ directory like ucmatose and rping. ucamtose fails identically:
cmatose: event: RDMA_CM_EVENT_REJECTED, error: 28

and rping fails as follows:

rdma_resolve_route: No such device
waiting for addr/route resolution state 10


Incidentally this problem also highlights another issue we have
encountered previously. The only way to debug issues like this in RDMA
CM is to modify the kernel module. Currently there is no way we can turn
on (and off) debug and get insights into the connection set up process.
Are you open to considering patches to enhance debug with RDMA CM,
particularly during the address resolution and connection setup process.
That way it should not impact the performance during data transfer.
No objection.  The rdma_cm shouldn't be considered speed path anyway.  Btw, the 
IB CM exports some counters which can sometimes be helpful in debugging, 
though, those only report a count of which messages have been sent/received.

I have not used this before. How does one read these counters?

Thanks
Pradeep

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to