On 6/28/2012 9:13 PM, Ira Weiny wrote:
> Document the umad and length parameters better.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Ira Weiny <[email protected]>
> ---
>  man/umad_recv.3 |   18 +++++++++++++++++-
>  1 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
> 
> diff --git a/man/umad_recv.3 b/man/umad_recv.3
> index e1b2985..3c93c4a 100644
> --- a/man/umad_recv.3
> +++ b/man/umad_recv.3
> @@ -27,10 +27,26 @@ A negative
>  makes the function block until a packet is received. A
>  .I timeout_ms\fR
>  parameter of zero indicates a non blocking read.
> +
> +.B Note
> +.I length
> +is the length of the

is a pointer to the length of the

> +.B data
> +portion of the umad buffer.  This means that
> +.I umad
> +should point to a buffer at least umad_size() +
> +.I length
> +bytes long.
> +
> +.B Note also
> +that
> +.I length\fR
> +must be >= 256 bytes.

I think that this should say "should" rather than "must".

> +
>  .SH "RETURN VALUE"
>  .B umad_recv()
>  returns non negative receiving agentid on success, and a negative value on 
> error as follows:
> - -EINVAL      invalid port handle or agentid
> + -EINVAL      invalid port handle or agentid or length too short

Shouldn't this just be length (pointer) NULL/not supplied (and not
length too short) ?

Length handling is already described in the man page:
"The packet  is  copied  to the  umad buffer if there is sufficient room
and the received length is indicated.  If the buffer is not large
enough, the  size  of  the  umad buffer  needed  is returned in length."

-- Hal

>   -EIO         receive operation failed
>   -EWOULDBLOCK non blocking read can't be fulfilled
>  .SH "SEE ALSO"

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to