Dear developers. I'm writing simple file transfer program.
I would like to know about the following. Q: How to tranfer a file which is over 2GB(2^31) size in RDMA network? Please imagine to transfer whole DVD(4.7GB) file via RDMA networok. The maximum message size of RC is 2^31. so I can't transfer it with one RDMA message. Maybe It must split multiple parts. When I sent first part with the following sequence, how to transfer second part? Do I have to call qp ibv_destroy_qp and recreate new qp? Or can I reuse current qp? I'm looking for similar example but I can't find it. Any information is welcome. Thank you for your advice. Sincerely -- Hiroyuki Sato. File transfer sequence (1st part) ibv_open_device ibv_alloc_pd ibv_reg_mr ibv_create_cq ibv_create_qp ibv_modify_qp(RESET->INIT) ibv_post_recv exchange lid, sid,qpn ibv_connect ibv_modify_qp(INIT->RTR) ibv_modify_qp(RTR->RTS) ibv_post_send ... Environment OS Scientific Linux 6.2 OFED: 1.5.4.1 -- Hiroyuki Sato -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in the body of a message to [email protected] More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
