Document the umad_recv length parameter better.
Changes since V1:
add comments from Hal
Changes since V2:
Change "should" to "must"
Signed-off-by: Ira Weiny <[email protected]>
---
man/umad_recv.3 | 18 +++++++++++++++++-
1 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
diff --git a/man/umad_recv.3 b/man/umad_recv.3
index e1b2985..e4d52fd 100644
--- a/man/umad_recv.3
+++ b/man/umad_recv.3
@@ -27,10 +27,26 @@ A negative
makes the function block until a packet is received. A
.I timeout_ms\fR
parameter of zero indicates a non blocking read.
+
+.B Note
+.I length
+is a pointer to the length of the
+.B data
+portion of the umad buffer. This means that
+.I umad
+must point to a buffer at least umad_size() +
+.I *length
+bytes long.
+
+.B Note also
+that
+.I *length\fR
+must be >= 256 bytes.
+
.SH "RETURN VALUE"
.B umad_recv()
returns non negative receiving agentid on success, and a negative value on
error as follows:
- -EINVAL invalid port handle or agentid
+ -EINVAL invalid port handle or agentid or *length is less than the
minimum supported
-EIO receive operation failed
-EWOULDBLOCK non blocking read can't be fulfilled
.SH "SEE ALSO"
--
1.7.1
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html