Hi,

Is there a way to setup the timeout in rdma_connect() ?

I'm testing something not really useful: to trigger connection error,
I'm asking to connect to the network address or the broadcast address,
for example 10.0.0.0/8 or 10.255.255.255/8.

I'm creating an RDMA_CM identifier for the RDMA_PS_TCP port space.

rdma_resolve_addr() is OK, I'm getting RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_RESOLVED
event.
rdma_resolve_route() is OK, I'm getting RDMA_CM_EVENT_ROUTE_RESOLVED
event.
rdma_connect() is OK ... but I'm getting RDMA_CM_EVENT_UNREACHABLE event
about 98 seconds after calling rdma_connect().

And 98 seconds is a bit longer than I expected.

Is there a way to change the CM parameters ? e.g. "Service Timeout" to
wait for moving from "REP wait" state to "Timeout" state, and the number
of send "REQ" retries (From 12.9.5 "Communication Establishement and
Release - Active") ?

Is struct rdma_conn_param.retry_count the number of "REQ" retries ?
According to the manpage, it seems it doesn't apply to CM.

Regards.

-- 
Yann Droneaud
OPTEYA


--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to