Hi Sebastian,

On 11:37 Tue 31 Jul     , Sebastian Riemer wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> could someone please explain what I can do with the new congestion control?
> 
> Do I understand it right that I can influence the flow control (e.g.
> amount of credits) with it so that I can avoid disruption (XmitWait,
> XmitDiscardedPackets) caused by congestion?

Congestion control isn't a credit based mechanism. While InfiniBand flow
control is defined between two ports of the same link, congestion control is
working across the fabric between a congestion point (a switch) and a reaction
point (source node). Reaction point implements a Congestion Control Table that
contains an array of values of injection rate delay used to control
congestion. You can find more information in the IBTA LWG Errata document
3Q2010.

-- Alex
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to