----- Original Message -----
> On 01/05/2014 02:28, Doug Ledford wrote:
> > This seems like driving a thumb tack with a sledge hammer.  No
> > doubt
> > the correct path here is to get the proper flag added to verbs
> > multicast
> > attach command.  Or, do you still have a patch that does this the
> > right way?  Did the one from 2008 do it the right way or this way?
>
> Doug, as I commented earlier on this thread, the correct way here is
> carry out the task is to repeat the QP creation flags which we have
> in
> the kernel verbs API for years (see
> IB_QP_CREATE_BLOCK_MULTICAST_LOOPBACK in ib_verbs.h and usage in
> IPoIB)

I'm curious why this is done at QP creation time.  Should this not
be done at multicast join time?  A single QP can be a member of more
than one MC group, would it not seem more correct to you that the
loopback should be specified on a per group basis and not a per QP
basis?

--
Doug Ledford <dledf...@redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD