On 6/30/2015 7:42 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
NFSRDMA currently checks the transport type to decide how to set the
>access flags for memory registration.  With the new services
>exported in this series, we can change/simplify NFSRDMA to not have
>to know the transport type.
It would be excellent if this series actually went through and got rid
of all the now deprecated users. This would confirm we have the right
API here and prune off the old stuff. This is fairly trivial to do, I think?

The goal is to make things simpler, maintaining two kernel APIs is not
simpler:)

Agree.

Steve, you should 1st go and port NFSoRDMA to your proposal (patch) for IB core changes, so we can see the change in action for a code which is working today on multiple transports, iser should be 2nd.

Or.