On 7/30/2015 1:31 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Sagi Grimberg <sa...@mellanox.com> wrote:
In the past the we always tried to allocate an fmr_pool
and if it failed on ENOSYS (not supported) then we continued
with dma mr. This is not the case anymore and if we tried to
allocate an fmr_pool then it is supported and we expect to succeed.

AFAIK, the ENOSYS flow was something that came into play when working
e.g over VF drivers such as mlx4 that don't support fmr-ing but we still wanted
an optimal performance. What does "this is not the case anymore" means? these
VF drivers are still out there.

Today, iser is not usable with no FRWR and no FMR support. (it once was
when we bounced to higher-order allocations but we don't do that
anymore). Memory registration is a requirement support for iser today.