Hi Yann,

Why were those hw providers not modified to
enforce IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_WRITE when needed, instead of asking users to
set it for them ?

Do you mean that ULPs will set IB_ACCESS_LOCAL_WRITE and
iWARP providers executing the memory registration will add
IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_WRITE? That's even better I think! Given that
changing the access rights under the user legs is something we'd want
to do. is it?

Given that for IB memory registration is not even needed for rdma_read,
I'd like to move away from code like:

if (rdma_protocol_iwarp())
        register memory for rdma_read
else
        go ahead with ib_sge for rdma_read

I've maid some initial experimentation on trying to abstract this
aspect from ULPs but it's far from being complete and needs more work.

Sagi.