On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 08:37:41AM +0200, Moni Shoua wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Jason Gunthorpe
> <jguntho...@obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 08:15:40AM +0200, Moni Shoua wrote:
> >
> >> What you have though is the sgid taken from the GRH that is scattered
> >> to the first 40/20 bytes of the receive WQE.  This is not enough to
> >> determine the network type.
> >
> > It is enough to discover the sgid index which will tell you the type.
> but how? all you have in hand is the sgid which can appear several
> times in the GID table in different indices.

Eh? Reliably recovering the gid index is not optional. The network
namespace stuff that is already in the kernel hard requires that
ability. (This is the same argument we went around on already why pkey
had to come from the wc, not from the payload)

If your position is it cannot be done from a WC,QP as is, then
gid_index needs to be added to the wc, or something else to remove the
ambiguity.

In either case, network_type is absolutely the wrong thing to have in
the wc.