OK, Doug, this is my suggestion for the dev attr cleanup -- it
has the advantages of leaving the attrs on a well defined location,
a field in the IB device, the ability to  get that through smaller
patches, avoid touching any of the HW drivers, etc.

Note that in uverbs there's one spot where udata is involved
(the extended query device call) so we keep the ib_query_device
call there.

I used hunks from Christoph's work and mentioned that in the
change-logs. This can turn to be his signature, if he wants to.

Or.

Ira Weiny (1):
  IB/core: Save the device attributes on the device structure

Or Gerlitz (5):
  IB/core: Avoid calling ib_query_device when possible
  IB/ulps: Avoid calling ib_query_device
  net/rds: Avoid calling ib_query_device
  xprtrdma: Avoid calling ib_query_device
  staging/o2iblnd: Avoid calling ib_query_device

 drivers/infiniband/core/cm.c                       | 12 +-----
 drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c                      |  8 ----
 drivers/infiniband/core/device.c                   |  6 +++
 drivers/infiniband/core/fmr_pool.c                 | 20 +--------
 drivers/infiniband/core/sysfs.c                    | 14 ++-----
 drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_cmd.c               | 23 ++---------
 drivers/infiniband/core/verbs.c                    |  8 +---
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_cm.c            | 19 +++------
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_ethtool.c       | 14 +++----
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c          | 21 +---------
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iscsi_iser.c           |  4 +-
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iscsi_iser.h           |  2 -
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_memory.c          |  9 ++--
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_verbs.c           | 38 ++++++++---------
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/isert/ib_isert.c            | 47 +++++++--------------
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/isert/ib_isert.h            |  1 -
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/srp/ib_srp.c                | 32 ++++-----------
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/srpt/ib_srpt.c              | 15 +++----
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/srpt/ib_srpt.h              |  3 --
 .../staging/lustre/lnet/klnds/o2iblnd/o2iblnd.c    | 21 +---------
 include/rdma/ib_verbs.h                            |  1 +
 net/rds/ib.c                                       | 34 +++++----------
 net/rds/iw.c                                       | 23 +++--------
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/frwr_ops.c                     |  7 ++--
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c           | 48 +++++++++-------------
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/verbs.c                        | 24 ++++-------
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/xprt_rdma.h                    |  1 -

2.3.7