On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 05:10:08PM -0500, ira.we...@intel.com wrote:
> From: Ira Weiny <ira.we...@intel.com>
>
> Various improvements to the SDMA engine code.

Greg,

Thanks for reviewing and accepting our patches to staging-testing.  I apologize
for the conflicts we had between the 3 of us submitting.  However, in
attempting to rework an internal branch to ensure this does not happen again I
believe there were more conflicts than their should have been due to patches
being accepted out of order.

For example, I found the following error in your staging tree below.

This series you applied in the following order which causes a build failure on
the middle commit -- a0d4069.

483119a staging/rdma/hfi1: Unconditionally clean-up SDMA queues
def8228 staging/rdma/hfi1: Convert to use get_user_pages_fast
a0d4069 staging/rdma/hfi1: Add page lock limit check for SDMA requests
faa98b8 staging/rdma/hfi1: Clean-up unnecessary goto statements
6a5464f staging/rdma/hfi1: Detect SDMA transmission error early

The order as submitted was:

staging/rdma/hfi1: Convert to use get_user_pages_fast
staging/rdma/hfi1: Unconditionally clean-up SDMA queues
staging/rdma/hfi1: Clean-up unnecessary goto statements
staging/rdma/hfi1: Detect SDMA transmission error early
staging/rdma/hfi1: Add page lock limit check for SDMA requests

Do I need to resolve this somehow?  Or is this something you resolve while the
patches are in staging-testing?

Is there something we need to do in the cover letter of a patch series to
ensure order?  Perhaps my cover letter implied these were not ordered?  If so,
I again apologize.

Thanks,
Ira