On 12/22/2015 9:17 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
On 12/21/2015 5:01 PM, Matan Barak wrote:
This patch fixes a bug in VPI systems, where the first port is configured as IB and the second one is configured as Ethernet. In this case, if the rdma_id isn't bounded to a port, cma_match_net_dev will try to verify that the first port is a RoCE port and fail. This is fixed by passing the port of the incoming request.

OK -- we have another bug down there, cma loopback doesn't work, same reject reason (below).This happens in both VPI and non-VPI configurations.

Works well with 4.2.3

I made more checks with the 4.2.3 kernel (before all the IB core/cache changes that went in 4.3) -- rdma-cm loopback does work as long as there are active IB ports in the system. When there are no active IB ports, but rather only Eth ports (VPI or plain Eth), rping fails:

# rping -d -v -c -a 127.0.0.1 -C 1
created cm_id 0x6087d0
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_RESOLVED cma_id 0x6087d0 (parent)
rdma_resolve_route: No such device

so it seems we had something there before the 4.3 changes.

Or.