On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 07:02:45PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Günter,
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Guenter Roeck <li...@roeck-us.net> wrote:

> >> That's indeed silly. Can't we have it as a low-priority restart handler, to
> >
> > Yes, it is. It defeats the purpose of restart handlers. PSCI reset should
> > have
> > been implemented as a high priority restart handler.
>
> Unfortunately that won't work: psci_sys_reset() doesn't return on failure.

You mean it just hangs ? That is bad. If that is the case, it is not reliable
and thus should be a low priority (or at best medium priority) restart handler
(which can be replaced with a working higher priority one).

> We can still clear arm_pm_restart in platform code, though ;-)

I had originally planned to replace arm_pm_restart() completely with restart
handlers. Maybe I should revive the effort ?

Guenter