sending out v4 splitting device tree bindings documentation and actual ADC
No changes in driver code since v3.
Same question for iio maintainers here:
I would like to have clarified the measure unit returned by read_raw().
Currently (value_raw * value_scale) return the ADC input value in mV.
While testing the patch I've been questioned if that should not actually
be in uV. This is easily achievable making _scale return a value in uV.
I have found no mention of this in the ABI documentation as it speaks of
Can we have a final word on this?
Thanks Marek for having tested this.
v1 -> v2:
- incorporated pmeerw's review comments
- retrieve vref from dts and use that to convert read_raw result
- add device tree bindings documentation
v2 -> v3:
- add _SCALE bit of read_raw function and change _RAW bit accordingly
- call regulator_get_voltage when accessing the _SCALE part of read_raw
and not during probe
- add back remove function as regulator has to be disabled when detaching
the module. Do not use devm_ version of iio_register/unregister functions
anymore but do unregister in the remove.
- remove mutex as access to SPI bus is protected by SPI core. Thanks marex
v3 -> v4:
- split device tree binding documentation and actual ADC driver
- add "reg" to the list of required properties and use a better
namimg for the adc device node in bindings documentation as suggested
Jacopo Mondi (2):
iio: adc: Add Maxim MAX11100 driver
dt-bindings: iio: document MAX11100 ADC
.../devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/max11100.txt | 19 +++
drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/iio/adc/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/iio/adc/max11100.c | 187 +++++++++++++++++++++
4 files changed, 216 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/max11100.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/adc/max11100.c