Hi Wolfram,

thank you for putting me in CC, and of course I agree with the changes you are
suggesting. Have you tried running ./scripts/checkpatch.pl?

Thanks,
Fab

> Fix the drivers and add some docs according to the outcome of this discussion
> [1] we had recently. The motivation from the patch description:
>
> Bail out everytime when mmc_regulator_get_supply() returns an errno, not only
> when probing gets deferred. This is currently a no-op, because this function
> only returns -EPROBE_DEFER or 0 right now. But if it will throw another error
> somewhen, it will be for a reason. (This still doesn't change that getting
> regulators is optional, so 0 can still mean no regulators found). So, let us
> a)
> be future proof and b) have driver code which is easier to understand.
>
> The patches have been created with coccinelle. A branch can be found here:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux.git
> renesas/mmc-get-supply-docs
>
> Looking forward to comments!
>
> Kind regards,
>
>    Wolfram
>
> [1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9965823/
>
> Wolfram Sang (11):
>   mmc: add kerneldoc to mmc_regulator_get_supply()
>   mmc: cavium: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: dw_mmc: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: meson-gx-mmc: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: meson-mx-sdio: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: mmci: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: mtk-sd: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: mxcmmc: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: omap_hsmmc: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: sdhci: catch all errors when getting regulators
>   mmc: usdhi6rol0: catch all errors when getting regulators
>
>  drivers/mmc/core/core.c          | 10 ++++++++++
>  drivers/mmc/host/cavium.c        |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/dw_mmc.c        |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/meson-gx-mmc.c  |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/meson-mx-sdio.c |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/mmci.c          |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/mtk-sd.c        |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/mxcmmc.c        |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/omap_hsmmc.c    |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.c         |  2 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/usdhi6rol0.c    |  2 +-
>
> --
> 2.11.0

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End,
Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered
No. 04586709.