Hi Ulrich,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM, Ulrich Hecht
<ulrich.hecht+rene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These patches make sure that the device is up while the suspend/resume code
> is executed. Up-port from the BSP, tested not to break stuff.
>
> Hien Dang (2):
>   serial: sh-sci: Use pm_runtime_get_sync()/put() on suspend
>   serial: sh-sci: Use pm_runtime_get_sync()/put() on resume

I don't think it makes much sense to split this in two parts...

Furthermore, shouldn't this be handled by the serial core, calling
uart_change_pm()?

It looks like uart_resume_port() already changes the port's state to
enabled, while  uart_suspend_port() assumes the port is already enabled,
and disables it.

Perhaps handling is not correct for some code paths?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- ge...@linux-m68k.org