This is a V6 of my series that adds SMP support for Allwinner sun8i-a83t.
Based on sunxi's tree, sunxi/for-next branch.
Depends on a patch from Doug Berger that allows to include the "cpu-type"
header on assembly files:
6c7dd080ba4b ("ARM: Allow this header to be included by assembly files")
This new series refactors the shmobile code to use the function introduced
in this series: "secure_cntvoff_init".
Geert Uytterhoeven and Simon Horman, could you review and test this series
on Renesas boards? Thank you very much!
If you have any remarks/questions, let me know.
Thank you in advance,
Changes since v5:
- Remove my patch 01 and use the patch of Doug Berger to be able to
include the cpu-type header on assembly files.
- Rename smp_init_cntvoff function into secure_cntvoff_init according
to Marc Zyngier's review.
- According to Chen-Yu and Maxime's reviews, remove the patch that was
moving structures. Instead of using an index to retrieve which
architecture we are having, use a global variable.
- Merge the 2 patches that move assembly code from C to assembly file.
- Use a sun8i field instead of sun9i to know on which architecture we
are using because many modifications/additions of the code are for
- Rework the patch "add is_sun8i field" to add only this field in this
patch. The part of the patch that was starting to handle the differences
between sun8i-a83t and sun9i-a80 is merged in the patch that adds the
support of sun8i-a83t.
- Add a new patch that refactor the shmobile code to use the new function
secure_cntvoff_init introduced in this series.
Changes since v4:
- Rebased my series according to new Chen-Yu series:
"ARM: sunxi: Clean and improvements for multi-cluster SMP"
- Updated my series according to Marc Zyngier's reviews to add CNTVOFF
initialization's function into ARM's common part. Thanks to that, other
platforms such as Renesa can use this function.
- For boot CPU, create a new machine to handle the CNTVOFF initialization
using "init_early" callback.
Changes since v3:
- Take into account Maxime's reviews:
- split the first patch into 4 new patches: add sun9i device tree
parsing, rename some variables, add a83t support and finally,
add hotplug support.
- Move the code of previous patch 07 (to disable CPU0 disabling)
into hotplug support patch (see patch 04)
- Remove the patch that added PRCM register because it is already
available. Because of that, update the device tree parsing to use
- Use a variable to know which SoC we currently have
- Take into account Chen-Yu's reviews: create two iounmap functions
to release the resources of the device tree parsing.
- Take into account Marc's review: Update the code to initialize CNTVOFF
register. As there is already assembly code in the driver, I decided
to create an assembly file not to mix assembly and C code.
For that, I create 3 new patches: move the current assembly code that
handles the cluster cache enabling into a file, move the cpu_resume entry
in this file and finally, add a new assembly entry to initialize the timer
offset for boot CPU and secondary CPUs.
Changes since v2:
- Rebased my modifications according to new Chen Yu's patch series
that adds SMP support for sun9i-a80 (without MCPM).
- Split the device-tree patches into 3 patches for CPUCFG, R_CPUCFG
and PRCM registers for more visibility.
- The hotplug of CPU0 is currently not working (even after trying what
Allwinner's code is doing) so remove the possibility of disabling
this CPU. Created a new patch for it.
Changes since v1:
- Add Chen Yu's patch in my series (see path 01)
- Add new compatibles for prcm and cpucfg registers for sun8i-a83t.
Create two functions to separate the DT parsing of sun9i-a80 and
- Thanks to Maxime's review: order device tree's nodes according
to physical addresses, remove unused label and fix registers' sizes.
Update the commit log and commit title of my last patch (see
Mylène Josserand (11):
ARM: sunxi: smp: Move assembly code into a file
ARM: dts: sun8i: Add CPUCFG device node for A83T dtsi
ARM: dts: sun8i: Add R_CPUCFG device node for the A83T dtsi
ARM: dts: sun8i: a83t: Add CCI-400 node
ARM: smp: Add initialization of CNTVOFF
ARM: sunxi: Add initialization of CNTVOFF
ARM: sun9i: smp: Rename clusters's power-off
ARM: sun9i: smp: Add is_sun8i field
ARM: sun8i: smp: Add support for A83T
ARM: dts: sun8i: Add enable-method for SMP support for the A83T SoC
ARM: shmobile: Convert file to use cntvoff
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-a83t.dtsi | 59 ++++++++
arch/arm/common/Makefile | 1 +
arch/arm/common/secure_cntvoff.S | 31 ++++
arch/arm/include/asm/secure_cntvoff.h | 8 ++
arch/arm/mach-shmobile/common.h | 1 -
arch/arm/mach-shmobile/headsmp-apmu.S | 22 +--
arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-rcar-gen2.c | 3 +-
arch/arm/mach-sunxi/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/arm/mach-sunxi/headsmp.S | 81 +++++++++++
arch/arm/mach-sunxi/mc_smp.c | 240 +++++++++++++++++++------------
arch/arm/mach-sunxi/sunxi.c | 20 ++-
11 files changed, 349 insertions(+), 121 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/arm/common/secure_cntvoff.S
create mode 100644 arch/arm/include/asm/secure_cntvoff.h
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-sunxi/headsmp.S