Dear Geert-san, Thank you very much for your comments!
CC: Simon-san

> Hi Hoan,
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:33 AM Nguyen An Hoan <na-h...@jinso.co.jp> wrote:
> > From: Hoan Nguyen An <na-h...@jinso.co.jp>
> >
> > Add PWM-2 channel(CN28 - pin30) support for Salvator-X
>
> Thanks for your patch!
>
> Please explain why this is useful. Usually we do not enable random
> functionality
> on expansion connectors.

> In this case, this even has an (undocumented) impact on on-board devices,
> as the signal is also connected to the BD9571MWV PMIC.
> (Perhaps that was the actual intention of this patch? ;-) If yes,
> please explain)

> Thanks!

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

>                         Geert

On this issue, with H3/M3 SoC there are 7 PWM channels but only 2 channels are
supported: PWM1, PWM2.
While PWM1 is connected to CN19 for LVDS service. So only remaining PWM2,
I think simple, if you want to generate a signal with variable frequency and
pulse width using M3/H3 (I used for testting Addition Tasks)
then forced to use PWM2. Although I'm not sure the H3/M3 boards are not
purposeful to use the PWM functions.

Thanks you!
Hoan