Hi Wolfram,

CC Chris Paterson

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 10:25 PM Wolfram Sang
<wsa+rene...@sang-engineering.com> wrote:
> During our SDHI hackathon, we found that Lager was the only Gen2 board
> having issues with a stubborn SD card. The issue went away when setting
> TDSEL to the expected value mentioned in the H2 documentation which is
> sadly not the default value. M2-W, M2-N, and V2H have an expected value
> of 0 for TDSEL, so this is why they likely work out of the box (V2H has
> non-zero drive strength bit, though). I can't verify those SoCs here, no

But the default non-zero drive strength bit does match the required value
on V2H.

> boards. E2 has a non-zero expected value as well, so we fix it in this
> patch series as well (although on my board the bootloader prepares TDSEL
> correctly, but let's not rely on that).

Probably we should program TDSEL regardless, to avoid any dependency on
reset state or boot loader.

Note that all RZ/G1 SoCs requires zero TDSEL values, except for RZ/G1C
(which doesn't document required values, just the initial values).
So we need some soc_device_match() handling to obtain the required value.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- ge...@linux-m68k.org