Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the feedback.

> Subject: Re: Issue with enabling VSP source on rcar gen2 koelsch board
>
> Hi Biju,
>
> On Thursday, 29 November 2018 10:39:00 EET Biju Das wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: Issue with enabling VSP source on rcar gen2 koelsch

> > > That doesn't surprise me too much as I don't actively maintain that code.
> > >
> > > For my information, what are your use cases ? Do you think this
> > > approach should be pursued and patches merged upstream ? The
> amount
> > > of work will be quite high though, given that it introduces a new
> > > userspace API, we will have to publish an open-source implementation
> > > in an X.org or Wayland driver.
> >
> > Basically as part of RZ-G1/M VSP upstreaming(Linux 4.15 kernel)
> > ,previously I have  executed the below test cases
> >
> > 1) vsp test suite:- based on the instruction present on
> > "http://git.ideasonboard.com/renesas/vsp-tests.git";
> >
> > 2) vspd testing:- based on the instruction present on
> > "https://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/log/?h=drm/du/panels";
> >
> > Both the test cases were working fine with 4.15 kernel.
> >
> > Now as part of RZ/G1N vsp upstreaming, I rebased to  latest branch
> > from renesas-dev , and  executed the same test case
> >
> > Only test cases in vsp test suite is working.  the vspd test case is broken.
>
> Could you please post the tests output and log ?

Sorry for the confusion, Basically I am trying to do vsp -->du rendering based
on the below patch

1) [HACK] ARM: shmobile: r8a7791: Link the VSP1 and DU
2) [HACK] v4l: vsp1: Disable UAPI for VSP1D
3) [HACK] drm: rcar-du: Enable VSP source support for R8A7791

You already mentioned that you are not maintaining this patches. It worked for
me on Linux 4.15, where as it is broken with latest kernel.

> > So I am wondering how do we expose the r-car gen2 SoC feature "VSPD"
> > to the end user?
>
> Isn't the VSPD already exposed to the user as a V4L2 device on Gen2 ?

Yes, But I am trying to do vsp-->du rendering on r-car gen2/rz/g1 board  with
the latest kernel.

Regards,
Biju

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End,
Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered
No. 04586709.