Marek Vasut writes:
> So what about
>
> gpios-states : Initial state of GPIO pins in "gpios" array, set on
> system start and retained until consumer changes the state. 0: LOW, 1:
> HIGH. Default is LOW if nothing else is specified.

No. "retained until consumer changes the state" is promising more then
is guaranteed.

>From the explanations provided by Mark it is clear that this property
is an artifact of the implementation in linux. I think we should document
is as such. How about:

gpios-states : On operating systems, that don't support reading back gpio
               values in output mode (most notably linux), this array
               provides the state of GPIO pins set when requesting them
               from the gpio controller. Systems, that are capable of
               preserving state when requesting the lines, are free to
               ignore this property. 0: LOW, 1: HIGH. Default is LOW if
               nothing else is specified.

HTH,
Harald

--