Hallo,
I tried to run Windows XP with KVM on Linux 2.6.31.1 on a
AMD Opteron and on a Intel Xeon, on both it works fine!

After this test I patch the kernel with the current prempt-patch and on
both it doesn't works!
-> After a very short time - I could see the windows startup screen -
the complied system froze!

Has you ever tried to do the same and it works?
Or will KVM with Windows on a prempt kernel
- never work?
- maybe work in the future?
- should now work but this .. and this ... should be done and consider?

With best regards,
Michael
-