<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Pavel Machek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe you have _way_ too many config variables. If this can be set
> at runtime, does it need a config option, too?

Generally speaking, I think until this algorithm has an adaptive-timeout in
addition to an adaptive-spin/sleep, these .config based defaults are a good
idea.  Sometimes setting these things at runtime are a PITA when you are
talking about embedded systems that might not have/want a nice userspace
sysctl-config infrastructure.  And changing the defaults in the code is
unattractive for some users.  I don't think its a big deal either way, so if
people hate the config options, they should go.  But I thought I would throw
this use-case out there to ponder.

Regards,
-Greg

-