On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Jassi Brar <jassisinghb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Kyungmin Park <kmp...@infradead.org> wrote:
>
>> 3. Aquila & goni board support.
>>    If possible all feature are included at current maineline kernel
>> implemented.
>
> Without doubt it's pleasing to see so many people involved pushing support
> for Samsung's SoCs and machines based upon them.
> But it might be worthwhile to rethink if support for such
> 'not-so-popular' machines
> and 'transient' socs is necessary or even useful ?

It depends on the point of view.

Even though it's not sold from marker, others will be used. e.g., Limo.
We are planing to distribute mobile reference board to developer and
community that's reason to enable it at mainline.

Of course the best is sell the reference board from LSI like beagle
board from TI or other company.
you can enable these at smdk board.

I also want to know that which name of either s5pv210 or s5pc110 is
popular at outside? I think latter is well known since galaxy S and
wave phone uses it.

Anyway I hope to use mainline kernel as base kernel at our board.

To Jassi,

Can you post the sound related patches such as I2S?

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park