On 09/28/2011 12:07 PM, Kyungmin Park wrote:
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Subash Patel<subas...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello,

I am attempting to boot linux version in subject on SMDKV310 board[EVT0].
The booting stops after "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel."
After some debugging I found that the timer initialization fails.
exynos4_mct_frc_start() calls exynos4_mct_write(lo, EXYNOS4_MCT_G_CNT_L)
which fails to write to the register, which should have asserted
G-CNT_WSTAT[0] to 1. Hence panic() will be called which halts booting.

I have booted 3.0.0-rc1 before this, which used PWM. I found a related
thread for C210, which I couldnt make head-tail out of it :(
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg140431.html

Can anyone let me know if this is known issue and if there is a solution
available for this.
Need to wait for sched_clock patch are merged. Before that, you need a
workaround patch as universal_c210 does.
Note that de-select the MCT timer since EVT0 doesn't have it.
This code is available in arch/arm/mach-exynos4/Kconfig

config EXYNOS4_MCT
        bool
        default y
        help
          Use MCT (Multi Core Timer) as kernel timers

Which I think is wrong, if EVT0 doesnt have the hardware. It should have had condition to check the silicon revision isn't it?

Regards,
Subash

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park