On 03/10/12 09:45, Olof Johansson wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Kukjin Kim<kgene....@samsung.com>  wrote:
Hi Arnd, Olof,

Please pull regarding Samsung board patches for v3.4.

Most are enabling some features(IPs) on each board and
one is adding new board file, Samsung Mobile's TRATS board.

Given that exynos has started conversion to device tree, there should
not be any  additions of non-devicetree-probed board files being
added.

At the very least, you should move over to using DT_MACHINE instead of
MACHINE for the new board, and probe using device tree. Even better
would be if you added support for this board through mach-exynos4-dt.c
instead of adding a brand new board file.

I also see a large number of the same additions of devices, done to a
number of board files. I don't think you need to rework those patches
now, but please consider how you can make it less "churny" to add a
device on the SoC in the future without touching all board files.

If you rebase without the board file addition I can take the rest of
the branch while that part is being reworked. Please send a new pull
request with the rebased tree.

OK, I see. let me send a new pull request soon as per your suggestion.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene....@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.