On 03/28/12 02:54, Mark Brown wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:50:24AM -0400, Chris Ball wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21 2012, Chris Ball wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21 2012, Kukjin Kim wrote:

I created topic branch for this we talked. You can pull that following:
   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
v3.4-for-cjb

If any problems, please kindly let me know.

Pushed to mmc-next, thanks.  (I'm expecting that you'll do the merge
to Linus.)

I was expecting you to merge these patches, but they aren't in the
arm-soc tree and haven't been sent to Linus,

(Cc'ed Olof and Arnd)

Chris, Yeah, it is not in arm-soc tree now. Because I sent a pull request of samsung-mmc which is including this v3.4-for-cjb but Olof wanted to merge only arch/arm/ part for samsung mmc because they are not unrelated to the branch, v3.4-for-cjb sent to you. Since I thought the branch would be sent to upstream via your tree and you were included in the mailing loop, I agreed. So there is no it in arm-soc.

and we're in the last few
days of the merge window.

Yeah...it means not closed yet ;)

As a result I'm dropping this tree -- and all of the patches that I
have on top of it -- from mmc-next so that I can get a pull request
out.  This means that I'm dropping:

Hmm, I think, if you're ok, you can send a second pull request to Linus for it and actually, it is in linux-next for a long time via mmc and samsung tree.

Note, please don't rebase it because its resolution for conflicts is in linux-next and I think Linus will use it when happens conflicts...Or I can provide new tree on top of latest mainline. But I'm not sure about latter.

If they're already in your tree why not just send them to Linus?  Given
that everything's in git I don't understand why you'd need Kukjin to
push them separately or what the benefit of that would be?

Yes, I already agreed its merging in the mmc tree :)

This is all extremely frustrating fromm the contributor point of view.

If any my effort is required, feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene....@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.