Hi all,

looking through SPI master drivers, I noticed that the following drivers call
spi_master_get() in their suspend and resume functions. Yet, there is no
matching call to spi_master_put(), meaning the reference count will increase
with each suspend/resume cycle.
        spi-coldfire-qspi.c
        spi-s3c64xx.c
Other SPI master drivers also support suspend and resume, but do not call
spi_master_get() in the suspend/resume functions. The spi-pl022 driver calls
spi_master_suspend() and spi_master_resume() like the above, but does not
call spi_master_get() either.

This leads me to believe that the above drivers will hang on unload after a
suspend/resume cycle due to the extra references.

Can someone please have a look and confirm if my understanding is correct ?
If so I'll send a set of patches to fix the problems.

Thanks,
Guenter