Hi Chander, Thomas,

On Monday 01 of October 2012 17:39:19 chander.kash...@linaro.org wrote:
> From: Thomas Abraham <thomas.abra...@linaro.org>
>
> This patch series migrates Exynos4 clock support to common clock
> framework. The first patch in this series removes the existing Exynos4
> clock support that uses the Samsung specific clock framework. The second
> patch in this series add Exynos4 clock support using common clock
> framework.
>
> Thomas Abraham (2):
>   ARM: Exynos4: Remove Samsung clock type support
>   ARM: Exynos4: Register clocks via common clock framework

I think the order of changes is a little bit off here:
 - patch 1 will break all exynos4-based boards (what about bisects?)
 - patch 2 will be still broken until all related drivers get converted to
use clk_prepare(_enable) and clk_(disable_)unprepare.

Shouldn't the order be exactly opposite, i.e.:
 - all the patches for prepare/unprepare first
 - then the patch adding common clock frameworks support for exynos4
(disabling the old clock code)
 - and finally the patch removing remaining (disabled by previous patch)
code.

Also, I assume that these patches doesn't consider native device tree
support (without auxdata, using OF-based clock lookup), correct me if I'm
wrong. If I'm right, since Exynos SoCs are going to be DT-only, is there
really a point for adding common clock framework support for non-DT
platforms (which are going to be eventually dropped anyway)?

Best regards,
--
Tomasz Figa
Samsung Poland R&D Center