Hi Arun,

On 09/17/2013 01:29 PM, Arun Kumar K wrote:
Wont this make fimc-is to be enabled to use fimc-lite?

Hmm, it would be runtime PM active, yes. But it doesn't mean the
Cortex-A5's firmware would need to be running.

As such there is no dependency like that in hardware and we can
use fimc-lite alone in DMA out mode without fimc-is.

If you are sure about it, then fimc-lite nodes could stay at root level.
Still, it would be more appropriate IMO to have the FIMC-IS sub-/peripheral
devices, like I2C or SPI bus controllers, instantiated by the FIMC-IS driver.

And what about "glue logic" linking FIMC-LITEs with the rest of the
imaging subsystem ? Are you sure the is no some weird inter-dependencies ?
Note that there is no board files any more, where we could hack some
details.

If its modified as per your suggestion, how will the scenario of
sensor ->  mipi-csis ->  fimc-lite ->  memory look like without fimc-is?

The exynos5-fimc-is module would need to be loaded for that. If you're
sure the hardware can work independently, we could leave out the fimc-lite
nodes at root level.

Regards,
Sylwester