On 10/23/2013 01:30 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 01:45:17PM +0200, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
>> On 10/19/2013 06:43 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> 
>>> Some devices have more than just simple TX and RX DMA channels, for example
>>> modern Samsung I2S IPs support a secondary transmit DMA stream which is
>>> mixed into the primary stream during playback. Allow such devices to
>>> specify the names of the channels to be requested in their dma_data.
> 
>> As shortly discussed yesterday, I think the general idea is fine. But it
>> might be better to have the names available at PCM creation time, since this
>> allows us to e.g. do proper probe referral and will also have the code take
>> the same path in the DT case, no matter if it uses the default names or not.
> 
> I agree, but I'm thinking that the way to do this is to get the entire
> struct provided earlier so that the compat drivers get to use this stuff
> too.  Is there any great reason not to do that?

No, that should be fine. I've been thinking about this before as well. We
probably need something like a snd_soc_register_component_with_dai_data() or
similar. That assign the DAI data on creation.

- Lars

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-samsung-soc" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to