Hi,

I have been using a samsung snow chromebook using chromeos kernel source and debian unstable 64 bit user space for a while and would like to use upstream kernel instead of chomeos ones for testing virtualisation purpose.

I've followed the virtual open system guide <http://www.virtualopensystems.com/media/chromebook/chromebook.pdf> using only binaries without regenerating them and it works fine. Uboot is on a CF a well as uImage and exynos5250-snow.dtb and I use my debian install on a USB hard disk as root file system.
Problem is that I have no WiFi and I need it.

I then tried to use the config they used to their kernel, installed 3.13-rc7 sources and tried to make a make oldconfig and regenerate. I installed the uImage.new and exynos5250-snow.dt.new and make uboot load theses files instead of the old one but apparently resulting binaries does not boot (got only last line of uboot on screen). I may have goofed answering make oldconfig stuff but I did nothing special.

My questions are :
1) Should 3.13-rc7 works directly on samsung exynos 5250 snow? Shoudl WiFi be supported
    2) What is the correct kernel config file?
3) if answer to 1) is now, is there and upstream git tree for a kernel working on snow? 4) Is there any specific problem using virtualopensystems uboot for upstream kernel?

Thanks for any hint.

PS: CC me I'm not subscribed.

-- eric