On 24.04.2014 13:03, Tushar Behera wrote:
On 04/24/2014 03:36 PM, Tomasz Figa wrote:
On 24.04.2014 11:07, Tushar Behera wrote:
On 04/23/2014 03:43 PM, Kukjin Kim wrote:
Tushar Behera wrote:

On 22 April 2014 13:08, Alim Akhtar <alim.akh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Tushar

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Tushar Behera
<tushar.beh...@linaro.org> wrote:
MAU powerdomain provides clocks for Audio sub-system block. This
block
comprises of the I2S audio controller, audio DMA blocks and Audio
sub-system clock registers.

Right now, there is no way to hook up power-domains with clock
providers.
During late boot when this power-domain gets disabled, we get
following
external abort.

+ Jonghwan Choi

Well, this is not a perfect solution to support MAU power domain,
it's true it is a problem right now though.

In other words, this is just temporal fix for the problem.

How about accessing clock stuff for audio sub-system with handling
MAU power domain via generic IO power domain?

+ Tomasz Figa

Existing power domain driver exynos4_pm_init_power_domain is registered
with an arch_initcall whereas the clk-exynos-audss driver is registered
with core_initcall. Hence even if add mau_pd node to clk-exynos-audss
node, the binding with power-domain doesn't happen.

I'd say core_initcall is way too early for clk-exynos-audss driver. It
should be at most subsys_initcall. As far as I can see, all users of
clocks provided by this driver (i.e. i2s) are probed at device_initcall
level anyway.

It is also used by ADMA node, which gets probed.

If I'm looking correctly, ADMA is handled by pl330 driver which is registered at device_initcall level and so it shouldn't make problems with clk-exynos-audss driver being probed at subsys_initcall level.

Alternately, if Tomasz's patches are applied [1], power-domain binding
is successful. But because of the init order, clk-exynos-audss defers
probe resulting in a kernel crash. Forcing clk-exynos-audss to register
through arch_initcall() fixes this issue, but I am not sure if that is
okay.

If the driver crashes on deferred probe, then it's a bug and it should
be fixed.

By the time clk-exynos-audss is getting called, mau_pd is already
disabled by power-domain driver. That is not getting enabled during
clk-exynos-audss probe. Am I missing something?

Probably. The driver should enable runtime PM and call pm_runtime_get_sync() to make sure that power is supplied to the device it accesses.

By the way, if defining MAU power domain in DT, then also all the devices inside of this domain should be bound to it, including ADMA and I2S, but I don't see neither of them having the "samsung,power-domain" property.

Best regards,
Tomasz