On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:

> Hello Lee,
>
> On 09/19/2014 02:15 AM, Lee Jones wrote:
> >>
> >> As explained above, DT, non-DT and x86 platforms instantiate the
> >> cros-ec-dev
> >> cells but DT platforms can define other child nodes. But I can remove the
> >> conditional if you want and reintroduce it once cros-ec-dev support is
> >> added.
> >
> > Yes, that makes sense.  I only care about doing what's right for
> > Mainline, so if it doesn't make sense here, then we shouldn't be doing
> > it.
> >

> Understood, that's why I dropped this since as explained earlier, it makes
> more
> sense to include this change once the cros_ec_dev driver is pushed to
> upstream.
>
> The last version of the series (v4) I posted a week ago [0], does not include
> this patch so I hope the series can be picked for 3.18 since most of the
> patches
> were already acked by you.

Unfortunately this is going to have to wait until v3.19 now, as Linus
is closing the -rcs early.  I have subsequently applied my last
patch to the MFD tree for v3.18.  It will be good for these patches to
get some soak testing in -next anyway, rather than rush them in.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead