Hello Vivek,

On 11/20/2014 08:51 AM, Vivek Gautam wrote:

>> I tested linux-next on Exynos5800 peach-pi board with linux-next and and the
>> two
>> patches $Subject and [0].
>>
>> Below is my git hash:
>> 4d9e6ee drm/exynos: Move platform drivers registration to module init
>> 4545ed4 POSTED: arm: dts: Exynos5: Use pmu_system_controller phandle for dp
>> phy
>> 36391a5 Add linux-next specific files for 20141119
>> 9b1ced1 Merge branch 'akpm/master'
>> 282497e mm: add strictlimit knob
>
> used exynos_defconfig

Same here.

>> With this display works for me.
>> Without $Subject patch i get lookup in drm.

I tested with today linux-next (next-20141120) and display is indeed
working for me. So it seems that whatever caused the error in the
phy-exynos-mipi-video driver reported by Paolo, got fixed recently.

My working git hash is:

65a8d01 arm: dts: Exynos5: Use pmu_system_controller phandle for dp phy
a9b43cb drm/exynos: Move platform drivers registration to module init
5b83d7a Add linux-next specific files for 20141120
1172916 mm: add strictlimit knob

I did have to disable CONFIG_SND_SOC_SNOW though, otherwise the kernel
did not boot due the issue reported previously by Kevin.

>> Javier can you tell me your git hash. Was it on yesterday's linux-next ?

In fact, my branch where I could reproduce the phy-exynos-mipi-video issue
was not based on yesterday's next but next-20141117. The git hash is:

9fb5d7c arm: dts: Exynos5: Use pmu_system_controller phandle for dp phy
f740096 drm/exynos: Move platform drivers registration to module init
efefb5c Add linux-next specific files for 20141117
8c944d7 mm: add strictlimit knob

> With 3.18-rc5 i could see display on Exynos5800 peach-pi with
> following git hash:
>
> b6dca11 drm/exynos: dp: Remove support for unused dptx-phy
> 7cc5c2d ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable options for display panel support
> d0aca5e arm: dts: Exynos5: Use pmu_system_controller phandle for dp phy
> fc14f9c Linux 3.18-rc5
> e35c5a2 Merge tag 'armsoc-for-rc5' of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc
>
> I don't need this drm lockup patch with 3.18-rc5 (with exynos_defconfig).

Yes, that works because the commit that caused the Exynos DRM lockup was:

43c0767 ("of/platform: Move platform devices under /sys/devices/platform")

which landed in next-20141105.

Reverting 43c0767 and only applying [0] should have the same effect.

> I am checking further with linux-samsung, coz i could see weird
> behavior as mentioned
> in [1] with linux-samsun/for-next merged with above git hash.

Great, it should be good to know what caused:

exynos-mipi-video-phy 10040714.video-phy: can't request region for resource
[mem 0x10040714-0x1004071f]

even when I could not reproduce it anymore with today's linux-next.

>>> [0]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/10/30/394
>>> [1]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-samsung-soc/msg39032.html

Best regards,
Javier