Hello Inki,

On 11/20/2014 04:06 PM, Inki Dae wrote:
>> BTW, it would be great if exynos-drm-next is pulled in linux-next. That is
>> what most people use to test integration issues so you can catch earlier any
>> regression that may arise.
>>
>> You have to email Stephen Rothwell <s...@canb.auug.org.au> and point to your
>> tree and branch and he will be able to add it to linux-next.
>
> Thanks for information. Actually, I received a similar email privately
> before. However, exynos-drm-next should go to drm-next first and than to
> mainline by Dave who is DRM subsystem maintainer. I think all vendor
> specific drm drivers would need to be checked by drm subsystem
> maintainer because these changes might be affect drm subsystem or other
> vendor specific drm drivers before go to mainline.

This is orthogonal to the normal upstreaming path. linux-next is an integration
tree that is created daily. So all the remote branches are merged and a git tag
published. The branch does not get rebased and history is not preserved between
two published linux-next tags.

This is just to test the integration of different subsystems to be sure that a
commit in one tree does not cause a regression in another one so issues can be
spot earlier. For example in the case of $subject, a change in the OF caused a
regression in the Exynos DRM driver.

> If needed, I will make a new branch, which is based on top of linux-next
> so other people can check their systems.

You don't really need another branch, git will take care of merge everything
in linux-next :)

> Thanks,
> Inki Dae

Best regards,