On 28.10.2015 10:53, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:29:56AM +0900, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>
>> If that's true, then don't add new compatibles, new names etc. Re-use.
>> No new code needed, no changes needed. Keep it simple.
>
> Well, it depends - it can be useful to get the information about it
> being a different part into DT so that if in future we realise that
> there is some difference (perhaps a bug workaround even if the IP is
> intended to be the same).  Though in the case of a MFD that information
> can be obtained from the MFD for the device.

We can always differentiate later and introduce new compatible.
Declaring a compatible right now would be useful only if we really cared
about using the workaround on older DTBs.

Since I cannot judge the difference (I don't have the datasheet of
S2MPS15) then I don't see the need of adding new compatible/name for the
"same device".

Of course maybe there is such need? Alim?

Best regards,
Krzysztof