Hello,

On 2015-11-26 11:59, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 11:24:50AM +0100, Ulf Hansson wrote:
Hello,

On 2015-11-25 19:09, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 02:56:10PM +0100, Ulf Hansson wrote:
On 25 November 2015 at 14:34, Marek Szyprowski <m.szyprow...@samsung.com>
wrote:
Is ignoring dev_pm_domain_attach() return value a solution for you?
That's probably better than nothing, but I wonder if it in practice
will have any effect?
If the PM domain is down, then trying to tread the ID is likely to oops
the kernel.

In my case kernel simply hangs (no single message, even when earlyprintk is
enabled)
instead of oopsing, that's why I've submitted this patch.

Okay.

I suggest we go ahead and try that approach (ignoring the return
value). It's "quick fix", but the easiest way forward to solve the
problem.

My only concern is if such change impacts the boot time. We should do
some tests to see if the change is negligible, if not we should
probably think of something else (like keeping the PM domain powered
until late_init).

Russell, what do you think?
I thought someone had a patch to read the ID during the match callback?

Okay, I've reused that patch and it seems to solve mthisproblem. I will send v2
in a few minutes.

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski, PhD